How to Choose the Best Online Course Platform: 5 Factors to Consider
There are many great online learning platforms out there. And each one has a unique selling point.
If you're overwhelmed with online course creation software options, it’s understandable if you’re having trouble choosing an ideal one. While your goal is simple (to sell online courses and set up an online school), you should dig deep into the online course platforms you're about to get into.
Otherwise, you may use a mediocre venue and provide low-quality online education to students.
So we’ll help you.
We’ll discuss the five factors to consider when selecting the best online course platform.
This way, you can go for the ideal place to be a course creator. And if you choose the right one, you can tap into the advantages of selling courses online and connecting with a larger audience.
Pricing and payment option
Choosing the least expensive (or free) online course software may seem practical at your stage. After all, you only want to see if you can sell courses and thrive in providing online learning to potential students.
While it’s a reasonable approach (from a short-term perspective), reconsider. If you plan to make more online courses in the future and deliver quality online education, opt for value.
Here are tips that can help you:
* Look for transparent pricing - Choose the online course platforms with no hidden transaction fees. Also, list three of the best online course platforms. Then, analyze their pricing models (according to their features) and go with the top contender.
* Adopt a “start small” mindset - Go with an online course platform featuring a basic plan. With it, you can start small and meet your needs while you have the option to upgrade as your needs change.
Ease of use
Many of the best online course creation platforms prioritize user experience. That's what you should also prioritize as a course creator. And let your goal be about delivering a positive experience to online students.
How you can choose a platform for its ease of use:
* Look for an easy-to-use interface - Go with a platform that has an intuitive interface. It needs to be simple and work how a user expects.
* Evaluate the learning curve - Build online courses using a platform with a learning curve that suits your level of technical expertise. If you're a beginner, choose a platform that is easy to learn and use.
Customization and branding of online courses
Many course creators know that design is essential in the course creation process. A well-designed product can help keep students engaged and interested in the course material.
It can also lead to better outcomes — improved retention rates, raised student engagement, increased course completion rates, and higher overall satisfaction.
Below are ways to help you customize and brand your online course.
* Use a consistent color scheme - Opt for a color palette that reflects your course curriculum. Then, use it consistently throughout your course content.
* Create custom visuals - Reinforce your brand and make your course stand out. For example, you can create unique graphics for your course materials and relevant digital downloads.
Features and integrations
Learn how to design an online course that attracts a lot of students. And one of the best ways to make it happen is to choose a feature-rich platform.
Like most online course platforms that offer course templates, graphic design programs, and marketing tools, go with a platform that can help you create a one-of-a-kind course. With the right features, you can create high-quality online courses.
Also, consider an online course platform’s integrations. Find out whether it’s compatible with other third-party tools you use often.
Here are tips to help you make the most out of the features and integrations of an online course platform:
* Focus on your desired features and integrations - List the tools to help you create a better learning environment. For example, if you want a platform that features a review tool and lets you create a course landing page, choose *****.
* Find out if it offers mobile integration - See if it has tools and advanced features for mobile. The idea is to allow online learners to access your course from their mobile phones.
You can maximize the online course benefits of your offer if an online course platform provides top-notch customer support. After all, having access to reliable and responsive customer support can help you quickly resolve any issues and satisfy students.
As a result, it leads to positive reviews and potential referrals.
Here’s what you can do to choose an excellent online course platform in terms of customer support:
* Test it - Contact support and ask them a relevant question. Then, evaluate their helpfulness, responsiveness, technical skills, and knowledge.
* Check reviews - Learn what customers have to say about their service. Pay attention to negative, as much as positive, comments.
Research to know how to choose which platform for online course
Creating an account on a random online course platform to begin selling courses immediately sounds fun. But it isn't the best way to go.
Yes, it may work out well. The other possibility, though, is it won't. And if it won't, you'll have wasted time, money, and energy. It can also demotivate and discourage you from taking online courses again.
So don't take a shortcut. Instead, invest your time in the process.
Feel free to refer to the tips above. Also, research, ask peers, and consider all your options until you find the right online course platform. Remember to focus on a platform that can meet your needs.
Just think of the online course platform you choose as your partner. If you want to be a successful online course creator and sell unlimited courses, let it (your partner) make it easy for you.
You can confidently run your online course business by understanding how to choose the best online course platforms. You'll also successfully reach your audience with the knowledge and skills you have to offer.
So choose wisely and start building your online course empire today.